Thursday, November 4, 2010

A word (or a few) about Thankful for 30

Hey there. So, I must confess, this thankful for 30 is not my idea. Mary over at Confessions of a Craft Addict did it in 2008, and I sort of followed along. This year, I was looking for her link, and found something even more focused. 30 Days of Gratitude is scientifically grounded in PROOF- saying a little thank you every day is mood-altering. They guide you through the process and give you options for how involved you want to be in the project. It's on Facebook, Twitter, and I'm sure you can find many bloggers who are doing something like this.
It's just a good practice to get into- science or not, I am blessed.... November is a stressful time- between the end of midterms and the end of the schoolyear, things ramp up, and there's not always time to stop and be thankful unless you are purposeful about it. When December starts with the season of Advent, giving thanks builds itself in more, but until then, I'm thankful for 30.

Today I'm stealing a prayer of thanks from a neighbor:
God, thank you for a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and people who love me. Amen.

Regularly scheduled necklace posts return tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are still finding a way to include gratitude in your days! I missed the boat on my own Thankful for 30 this month but have been making a concerted effort to be more thankful on a daily basis, so it's really become a habit this year.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...