So, some things are happening in the Anachronism household.
And that means boxing up EVERYTHING because shiny new jobs and big opportunities are on the horizon. Our new house will mean a bit of a different sewing room/studio configuration, and that's something to get excited about, but it's also something I have to be more intentional about.
My sewing space will be taking over half of our den- I think having the machine out where I can get to it and sew while enjoying family time is going to make a difference in my productivity.
It means I am re-doing my catalog, and streamlining.
Stash totals are being completely re-counted, some UFOs are being abandoned. Fabric isn't making it into the new system or into a box if it's not something I can see myself using. A lot of polyester from days gone by is going away.
Now, I did the UFO list in the Spring, but I'm a little terrified about this update the fabric catalog, because that would be revealing how much fabric I bought(gulp) or forgot about(sheesh) in 2015/16 when I was working on the catalog to begin with.
But then I bought more fabric last week, and I remembered how much fabric I actually have used, and I decided maybe I should bite the bullet and maybe even give myself a little bit of encouragement- and an accurate place to begin from as I put my hands on every piece of fabric to put them in boxes and move them.
We've got 3 weeks till the truck comes, and I have projects to finish between now and then, and a good amount of house to pack up. Wish me luck!