Friday, November 5, 2010

Necklace Number 3: Pastel-ish Prettiness


We all need a touch of these colors in our lives every once in a while... And I have to confess, there was a person in the back of my head on this one. Although it took me a while to realize it. Anywho, I thought I'd share a secret of the way I do necklace making with you guys today... It's kinda silly, but I don't like to knock it too much because of how well it works.
You see, I have this stack of paper plates. Anyone that knows me in real life knows I am vehemently opposed to paper products as a rule- In my apartment we use cloth napkins and dishtowels for all of the things paper napkins and paper towels would be used for.
And I feel like I'm cheating on Mother Earth and the dishes all at once when the table is set with paper. But that's because I'm a strange person with odd quirks, and you'll have to forgive me. The point: This application of paper plates is one I can get behind. Those edges are replicated in very few instances, and I just don't like beadboards. And the best part? I can pull out a stack of paper plates for friends to play too. It's just more fun to play with friends.

Today I'm thankful for tours. I told y'all about how my apartment is being shown, and how that's given me motivation to get things put up on my walls and all... I'm just all-around glad I did it. Tomorrow's the big day, but spending time painting this week was just... awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...