Friday, November 7, 2008

Thanks Mom!

I grew up on a lot of one-casserole dish/pot foods that I didn't realize were so amazingly good and homey that it's not even funny.... If we hadn't walked down the frozen food isles to pick up vegetables or the occasional pizza and ice cream for treats, I wouldn't have known instant dinners existed. Many of my friends are amazed I can cook, and that I never had instant potatoes or the like growing up....
I didn't know how big of a deal it was until I was kinda an adult myself, and making time for things like cooking... and encountering those who didn't ever have sit-down dinners and homemade meals. So this post goes out to mom, and moms and dads everywhere who do the same kind of things for their families, even though life is crazy. You mamas probably already know these "recipes" but I am going to post them tomorrow just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...