Saturday, November 22, 2008

Books!


Okay, so Gwen, over at After the Dress passed on a bookworm meme to me, and the rules were that you pick up the closest book to you and open it to page 56 and write out the fifth sentence and a few after that. I love books. This is right up my alley... but I DID cheat, because the books right next to me were all textbooks, and I picked up the closest fun book.

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation is by Lauren Willig, and I just started it so I am kinda hoping nothing exciting happens on page 56:

A betrothed, perhaps? "You should count yourself lucky, my lord, At least it's not sheep."
"No, they just always behave like them."
Their shared laughter rolled softly through the dim room.

... And I stopped there. If I had kept going, I would have gotten sucked in, and that's my gym book... meaning I only read it when I go work out.... It's my version of "me" time... I don't take my cell phone, just my iPod and a book, and I ride the bike and read. It's a good thing for me, especially right now. So I am gonna go work out so that I can read!

But first I have to pass on the challenge:
Margeaux at The Mux Stops Here
CBear at Fuzzy Sheep Crafts
Nicki at Mimi's Room
Fiona at The Winking Frog
Enith at Handmade Sisters

ps... ladies disregard this if you don't like these... I know most of you played the last one!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I'm going to do it, but can't promise it will be an exciting read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing! Looks like a fun book! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...