Monday, November 17, 2008

The Dress...

You know, writing the title like that makes it seem like I am talking about my wedding gown... which, if I still blog in a few years, you'll hear plenty about, as I think I'll make it... But I am 20 years old, and the BF and I have only been dating for around 7 months.
but I am talking about my red dress. Due to NaBloPoMo, I do need to go ahead and post before I outline yet another paper... and I forgot to bring my camera and cord with me to the study lounge. So pictures will come somewhere in the wee small hours of the AM.
Still debating on a few things, and I would love advice from the more experienced garment makers out there, so pretty please feel free to comment! I know pictures will help immensely with you being able to answer, but I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

Do I need lining and bones?
Do I need to move the zipper to the side seam?
What do you think of a petticoat?

On a last note, I am SO thrilled I found my copy of Bridal Couture by Susan Khalje... While the styles may be a bit dated, these are still good techniques. And it's good things to know for any cocktail attire, not just wedding gowns...

Okay, really leaving this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...