Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We go together...

...Like rama-lama-lama di-dinkity-dinky dong...

Can I tell you how much I love sewing with fifties lines in fun fabrics? I mean, it's amazing how much more optomistic I have been once I started putting the Taffeta together. Funny how I guessed I'd need a boost in sewing mojo right about now and I do.

However, I have no fun, new pictures to show you of the process... You aren't missing much though. No pretty stuff yet, and I am AWFUL at photographing fabric.

However, I will take a walk down memory lane and show you a picture of the last dress I made... I am thinking about making a 3-or-4 piece series with these dresses. This one is called Midnight Swept.
It is darker without a flash on, and there is a post to come of construction techniques(ha ha), what I liked, and what I didn't.
I entered it into a school art show, and while it didn't win a prize, compliments resounded. And it was an honor to get into the show. I am thinking that the red dress will be known as Sunset Dance, but I am still thinking. I know it is Sunset, but the second half of the name eludes me. I was SO excited when I thought of a name for Midnight. I feel like something that is as big a part of my life and my calendar as this was deserves a name. I admit, I got attatched.

Have you ever gotten attatched to something you made?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Sarah! That is beautiful! And you look fantastic in it.
    Fiona (The Winking Frog blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I stumbled across your blog for the first time this morning and wondered if I'd have much to learn from a twenty-year old sewist. (I just turned 60!) Silly me. If it's possible to swoon over a photo, I did so over your many gored dress. I'll be back, and I know I'll be happy to have found your blog. Ta. Judi

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...