Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the pledge

I, Sarah, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!
Signed,
Sarah ...dun dun dun...

If you know me well, you know I LOVE shopping. Love it. Online, in stores... I just really like to shop. So, as a way to encourage myself to sew instead, I took the pledge. I have LOTS of material already, and tons of things that Mom pulled outta her closet before she packed me up and sent me off. I also have a trip to Turkey to save for, and to outfit myself for. So this really is for the best. But I am suffering from withdrawls... I almost bought gloves and 2 scarves today, but I put them back. It's tougher than I thought.

At least I am still allowed to buy fabric and thrift shop. Wish me luck!


Note: I am going to publish this, despite having already written about my pledge, for the sheer fact that I sat here and wrote it, and as a reminder to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...