Wednesday, December 1, 2010

YAY!

I got something done.

Last night I skipped out on Improv because I wanted to sew. And lo and behold, I had a skirt in about an hour. Granted, it's a muslin of the pencil skirt for my suit so I didn't do it as well as I could have, but I'm pretty okay with that. I didn't feel like I really needed the zipper and nicely finished seams to know the fit, and after holding the fabric up to the light, I knew this muslin would not see the light of day. I wore leggings for fitting purposes.

And ladies, I am glad I did the muslin... The pattern's great, but a little short for church. I'll add an inch to the length above the slits, which sit a little high for my liking. In cutting I went outside the lines on the hips, which is normal for me, and I sure am glad I did, as it's snug, as a pencil skirt should be. I'll have to come in a bit below the waistband, and fiddle with how I should line this, because I would like to. I think the slits will make that tougher, because of how they're done...I know I will at least face the waistband, if not line to just above the slits in something... Any thoughts, dear readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...