Sunday, June 10, 2012

Piping

Here’s to new experiences, right?
I am attempting one or two with the shirt that’s currently in the works, and the first one was to turn my home-made bias tape into piping. 

 

Making piping in and of itself is actually a pretty straightforward process.  First, make bias tape, and then stitch cording(I guess that’s the name for it) into the fold of the bias tape…But the Coletterie tutorial walks you through with pictures and more detailed instructions...
I could do the instructions, but I’m never going to be one of those bloggers who is good at stopping and taking process photos.  Sorry friends. 
Piping is easy peasy to make with that zipper foot you’ve got tucked away, so give it a go!  Installation soon…  One of those things I'll finish up on the way to camp.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...