Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Of Assembly Lines and Mojo


Incase there was any doubt in your mind, my mojo has indeed returned with a vengeance.  I want to sew again, and I want to sew LOTS.

 You know how sometimes you buy lots of yardage of something, and then decide you’ll use it for basics?
I did that… And then I came up with 2 different patterns(Butterick 5354 and Simplicity 2443)  using the pieces at the same time… So I condensed those to one cutting session.  SO lovely. 
And since I already had the patterns out I figured I’d cut out the other dress, (a lavender all-jersey Simplicity 2443) I was thinking of.  And that simple skirt, since I finally had lining fabric on hand... You know, less hauling around of all of those things you need when you work in multiple spaces…
So, all in all, I cut a top, 2 dresses, and a skirt.
It was the work of an evening. How awesome is that?? 

Maybe you've gone on a cutting rampage.  Tell me, how do you manage to pick one to sew up first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...