Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reincarnation: Vogue to Infinity


Does anyone remember the Infinity dresses of a few years ago? Well, I gave in and made one. Because I had a dress that didn't have a back, but that I wasn't happy with. I wanted this vibrant pink to be a happy fabric, and lo and behold, I needed a salsa dress for a fun little outing.
Enter the extra fabric and that inkling for a fun dress that just happens sometimes. These fun times? Well, they tend to happen without the presence of cameras. Luckily, Havana Club hires a company to shoot photos of people having fun, and I have friends who remember to bring cameras when I don't. Havana Club's a great place with an authentic atmosphere and awesome music to salsa to. We had a lot of fun that night, and my skirt definitely passed the twirl test.

This infinity dress tutorial makes these dresses easy and fun, and I was SO happy to give new life to this old dress. It didn't take an eternity, and it made me feel like a million bucks!
The bright pink knit popped and I think the heaviness made the twirl factor just right, and the drape was perfect with the extra weight. I'd definately recommend Fabric Mart's knits for flowy projects like this one. It was sooo soft and great to wear!

Well, off to study more, as I have midterms soon... one a week from today and another a week from tomorrow. This weekend I'll be off visiting family, so Saturday's post won't be about Decatur, and might just be pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...