Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back Review: Vogue knit dress



Well kids, I have this terrible habit of sewing things at the last minute at times, which can mean getting around to posting a review will happen, just not quickly. But with me trying to post more often, it'll happen! I WILL be caught up in my reviews! And sew more too, by the looks of it. There are only SO many things I made in 2010...

Pattern: Vogue 1027, a DKNY dress.
Pattern Rating: Easy. I would place it on the intermediate side of easy.
Pattern Description: "Calf length dress has semi-fitted, pleated and lapped bodice, bias skirt with inseam pockets and stitched hems."
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I know the official format has this question later, but I rarely leave a pattern as it comes. I made a new bodice with a different line and did not use the waistbands as such... I put them in my bodice! It was a dress for a fraternity formal given on a beach, which meant I wanted something more... different. Evening. Beachy. Mission accomplished! I also did not include pockets, and did have to put in some elastic to help support the weight of the skirt.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
The skirt is definately like the photo, but it's decievingly, wonderfully full.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
I read through them and used them to a degree, and found them very easy to follow.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I liked that the skirt was so fun and full, I did not like the waistband ties. The directions were clear, and the cut of the garment made sense. I could
Fabric Used: a heavy, drapey knit from Fabric Mart in a solid- it was scrumptious and felt great on skin.
Would you make the pattern again?
If I made it again, I'd use a lighter weight knit so the skirt would do more of what it was intended to and wouldn't require extra support.

... next Wednesday, I'll show you the refashion and what that dress is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...