Monday, August 2, 2010

Sewing Air... Again.

Well, when I made an installed petticoat while working on Sunset, my amazing then-boss Missy referred to sewing tuelle or crinoline as sewing air. Here in tutu land, I'm back at it! 40 yards of tuelle became this:
...And that was how it sat about 4 hours ago. I have since lined up the sorted tuelle with some help from my awesome-sauce Mama, all 6 layers, which will be gathered using a very nifty trick... a zig-zag stitch over a piece of thread. Use 6 inches of extra thread on each end, and then you have awesome, QUICK, gathers. They'll be stitched down the middle of the layerd pieces, then gathered to tee-niny waist measurements soon, then become 12 layers when they get folded and added to the red little gathered skit-ettes that will tie on each waist!

Even at 22, having Mom-time is still something I treasure and look forward to at every oppurtunity. And for Mom-time to be on something I have to do with her staying up past her bed time isn't the best, but it's still really amazing. I've found myself soaking up those times more and more because I know they'll happen less and less as time goes on. I move out in less than a month, and it'll be for good. No more summers at home with classes falling in the summer... And because I'll have jobs at churches, I'll be working when others have holidays. And sure, Mom will be close enough to come up, but it won't be the same.

The phrase 'growing up is hard' seems to be a theme, but hey, that's what you get when the blog belongs to a fresh-out-of-college girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hey darlin' Just wanted you to know I'm following your blog now! Can't wait to see what you do this year!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...