Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall and Projects


When real life hits, escaping to the land of ribbon and lace and fabric, glorious fabric, will often make everything better.
Well, I'm counting on it.  Reality bites every so often, and now is one of those times.  So, to keep my sanity and update my fall wardrobe, I'll be sewing along with a 6-piece wardrobe!
They have top and bottom suggestions, but I see some dresses happening in addition to some staples.

I've updated the queue.

The projects, in order of "appearance":
swirly 10-gore (maybe partial circle or kickpleats instead) skirt in brown floaty rayon from stash... possibly with the bow from the Lunch Date skirt I want to make.  
herringbone vest from stash
herringbone pencil skirt from stash
denim half-sleeve jacket from stash that I started last year and apparently didn't blog about
red swishy dress from stash
green knit top from stash

Notice a common thread? 
Yup.  I'm on a fabric diet.  It's time to use what I have and finish up old things too... It's all this crazy organizing.  I want to be a good steward of what I have, and that means using it, not it sitting on a shelf.  Plans from old SWAPS are turning into this cluster of things I will wear.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...