Thursday, April 2, 2009

Istanbul wardrobe...YAY!


So the real version of this dress has begun...
I had to forgo any real work on it earlier in the week, but I cut out the top layer of skirt tonight after drafting the skirt... I took apart the top, and will draft my changes and cut out all pieces as a hello to the weekend.

Right now school is INSANE. And I have to finish my Easter dress, which really may or may not happen at this point. Easter is the day before Finals Week starts, and while I only have one in-class final, I still have TONS of reading and writing to do before the end of the term. I had to get away from books after the major due date debacle that was yesterday. I am excited to be past the first big hurdle of finals though!
This weekend I have a 7-page paper for one class and 7 one-page papers for another, as well as a rough draft for my term paper in that class.
So if you don't hear from me, it's because my face is shoved in a book.

On a happy note, I ordered from fabric.com today! I got some more knit in a really pretty blue for a dress(I am all about knit dresses for this summer!), a sweater knit for a little shruggette in a purple color, an embroidered cotton for an asymmetric-hem skirt, and buttons to finish off the teal sweater top. And I spent less than $40 for all of it by taking advantage of sales... Go me!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your dress is going to be very pretty/classy. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out! And good luck with the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful dress, you're going to look awesome. :):):)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...