It's a beautiful labor of love, and how I spent a good chunk of my week last week.
9 tabs in a spreadsheet.
We're going to ignore the fact that I have yet to count the linings or the interfacings or the net/tuelle/crinolines or the flannels and just marvel at all the pretty fabrics now. They're lined up on a shelf where I can see them, wrapped around tiny bolts made from comic book boards. It's been a 2 day process, but I think it'll be worth it if it means I can see my fabrics, I stop buying duplicates, and I want to sew more... which is what it's all about, right? If I can see my stash I can sew my stash.
This process is part of the complete re-organizing and un-cluttering of my sewing space in the guest room. As I cataloged the fabrics, I folded them the width of the comic book boards, and stored winter fabrics that way until after we move. Summer fabrics, knits, bag fabrics, and quilting cottons all went onto the shelf. Decor fabrics were put away till it's time for curtains/slipcovers in our new house, folded in their own bin, and I have yet to find the solution for cuts of fabric under 1 yard(mostly quilty stuff) so it has its own bin, where everything is neatly folded and arranged vertically in rows so I can see it all.
Now I'm off to drool at fabrics and finish the rest of the room... Maybe I'll come up with some sort of grand reveal to do here on the blog.