Friday, December 16, 2011

When finals are over...

... has been a mantra for a while now.
I am currently taking a 30-minute break to stand in line at the post office to pick up mailing supplies so that I'll be able to send things to my mom and brother for Christmas, and thinking of all the things I would rather do tonight and tomorrow morning instead of writing papers and exams. Lovely how that works out, isn't it? But. I have motivation in the form of fabric goodness that really, REALLY wants to become a quilt. I picked up some cottons that work together too wonderfully for words… I'm trying to bribe myself to finish paper #1 by getting to put them all together in real life and not just in photos. And when paper #2 is submitted late tonight, I get to wash them all while I work on exam #1 and paper #3. Then it's cutting time! I'm excited to make my very first quilt top.
And a tree skirt.
Thank Heavens for the kind words of encouragement from lots of people in many spheres of my life. I wouldn't make it through without it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!
    Merry Christmas and Congratulations - you were one of my randomly drawn winners for my most recent give-away! :)
    Shoot me an email with your address and tell me which card set you want, and I'll get it all off in the mail to you. :)
    All the best,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...