Friday, November 19, 2010

Soul-Filling and Soul-Killing

Alright. This is a bullet point post because I have noooo energy. I'm gonna start with the bad to end on a good note...

Soul-Killing:
  • the sheep VOLUME of stuff we have to read for all of these classes
  • being away from the people I've thought of as family- my college circle is very much missed.
  • 3-hour night classes
  • class sizes- I have one class with 61 people- most of my entering class.
  • adjusting to adult life- budgeting, getting up before 8 every day...
Soul-Filling:
  • classes. Focusing and learning.
  • my first apartment
  • people. This is the only thing that makes me miss undergrad less- I have been blessed with a second group of really truly amazing people to grow with over the next 3 years
  • Decatur. Need I say more? This is a great place to live.
  • encouragement abounds here, in everything. Our half marathon training group brings back some awesome memories of times at Transy
  • an awesome church job
  • being close to family. My mama has already visited once, and I've visited her once. I have no crazy long car trip for Thanksgiving, and can be with family for a weekend anytime I feel the urge.
Today, I'm thankful the good outweighs the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...