Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy New Year

You know what I just realized?

Advent began yesterday. Wishes for the new year are not out of place- Advent IS the start of the church's year. I knew, this time last year, my life would look pretty different today, but like this? Couldn't have guessed it... I am glad it looks the way it does though. It's been tough to do, but the best things aren't always easy. Actually, the things that end up being the best are the ones you work for... and that you don't expect, or that aren't the cookie-cutter.
Looking back on the semester, a conversation with one of my favorite pastors comes to mind. He told a group of entering students that the first year of Seminary breaks down your faith as you know it into pieces. The second year shifts them around, and the third puts them back together.
This semester has been a growing time, and I'd be lying if I said it was easy, or that it wasn't worth it.

So today, I'm thankful. I'm glad to be where I am, what I am, and whose I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?
I love hearing from y'all...